a free DNS & DHCP management system
Sauron is a scalable system for management of DNS & DHCP services.
Sauron is freely distributable under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
and includes the following major features:
Sauron was created at the Computing Center of
University of Jyväskylä.
It is still under development, but has been in production use
since early 2001, managing the campus area network (CAN) with
over 10,000 computers.
- Able to manage DNS & DHCP services for multiple servers (enterprises).
- Dynamically generates complete DNS & DHCP configurations from
a central SQL-database.
- Automatic generation of DNS "reverse" zones, with support
for smaller than C-class reverse delegations.
- Web interface with user & group based access controls.
- Command-line interface for administrators.